Mackerel is a highly nutritious fish that is consumed worldwide. It’s a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Beside that, it’s very versatile and it can be prepared in many different ways. Drawing inspiration from the Italian recipe Sarde alla Beccafico, we prepared these healthy skewers of breaded Mackerel Fillet to boost your daily energy level.
|Preparation Time: 10 min||Baking Time: 15-20 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 8 mackerel filet, cleaned
- 8-10 tbsp breadcrumb
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- zest of half lemon
- thyme, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp EVO oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 C°.
- Line a baking tray with low sides (large enough to contain the fillets) with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together breadcrumbs, cheese, 2 tbsp of EVO oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and thyme.
- Lay the fillets out on a work surface and distribute 2 tbsp of mixture on each fillet.
- Starting from the narrower side, roll-up the slices and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place them into the baking tray, and scatter the remaining EVO oil on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 min, or until lightly golden.
Leave a Reply