This Ricotta Mousse with Caramelised Pears is so sensual and creamy, crunchy and soft and therefore the perfect dessert to enjoy at the end of a romantic dinner!
Are you looking for recipes made with ricotta? Here you can find our favourite ones 🙂
|Preparation: 20-30 min|
- 10 biscuits (like Rigoli, Campagnole, Digestive, or similar)
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 200-250ml cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1-2 pears
- 250-300ml water
- 10g unsalted butter
- 40-50g sugar
- cinnamon powder
- Put the biscuits into a food processor and blitz them until you have fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and add it to the biscuit powder. Mix all together.
- Cut the pear in small cubes.
- In a skillet heat the sugar and the water, over medium heat. Then add the cubes of pear and cook for 5-10 minutes, until caramelised. Flavour the caramel with cinnamon.
- Whip the cream with 1 tbsp of icing sugar.
- In a bowl mix the ricotta with 1 tbsp of icing sugar.
- Then mix the whipped cream with the ricotta very carefully.
- Divide the biscuit mix into serving glasses. Spoon the cream onto it. Add the caramelised pear, and then another layer of cream. Then finish with the caramelised pear and the crumbled biscuit. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder to decorate.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until serving.