Take advantage of the many benefits that the winter vegetables give us, preparing our flavourful and healthy salad. Thanks to the virtues of the oranges, fennels and red cabbage you’ll supply a wealth of vitamins to face the cold season.
Don’t forget to go sustainable. Take a look at https://eatgrim.com to learn how to do it.
INGREDIENTS for 4-6 servings:
Ready in 20 min
- 4 medium fennels
- 2 oranges
- a small red cabbage
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the fennel in quarters lengthwise and then trim away the hard core. Slice the quarters lengthwise as thinly as you can. With a sharp knife, cut away the peel of an orange by slicing from top to bottom, following the contour of the orange.
- Cut between membranes to release segments, cut them in pieces, and put in a bowl.
- Squeeze the membranes over the bowl and whisk with olive oil.
- With a sharp knife shred the red cabbage. Slice the cabbage into four wedges, remove the stem and tough core from each part. Turn the cabbage so that the flat side is on the cutting board. Cut each part in thin slices. Then trim each slices to obtain shreds as thin you can.
- Toss in the bowl the fennels and red cabbage and mix very well. Season with salt and pepper.
Leave a Reply