This delicious cake, totally lactose free, is perfect not only for those who can’t tolerate lactose but even for those who wants to start a diet after the excesses of the holiday season, without giving up something sweet.
Try it and you’ll be surprised by this light and soft cake!
INGREDIENTS for 6-8 servings:
- 110 g yolks
- 50 g eggs
- 100 g egg whites
- 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- 85 g rice oil (or sunflower oil)
- 130 g potato starch
- 15 g di rum
- 125 g whole wheat flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 50 g oat milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 175 g icing sugar
- 75 g caster sugar
- In a food processor, or by a mixer, mix the eggs and yolks with extra virgin olive oil and rice oil, mixing continuously and pouring the oil very slowly.
- Add the icing sugar and rum, and whip all together. Then add the potato starch.
- Add the whole wheat flour sifted with salt and baking powder, alternating with oat milk, to the mixture.
- Whip the egg whites with the caster sugar. Then add it gently to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a mould, greased and floured with flour, and put it in the oven at 210°C for 10 minutes. Keep baking reducing the temperature to 180°C for other 30-40 minutes.