Francesca and I absolutely adore artichokes and enjoy savoring them in every possible preparation. We know firsthand that they can be hard to come by in some countries, but if you ever stumble upon them, don’t hesitate to try out this Pan Roasted Artichokes recipe or any other artichoke recipe that catches your fancy.
If this time you are looking for a delicious appetizer, or side dish, Pan Roasted Artichokes recipe is just what you need, with a delectable stuffing of breadcrumbs, parmigiano reggiano, parsley and garlic. These artichokes are easy to prepare and a perfect addition to any Mediterranean-style meal. Our detailed instructions guide you through the process of preparing and cooking the artichokes, ensuring a mouth-watering outcome every time. Plus, this recipe is vegetarian-friendly, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a healthy and flavorful dish. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you for it!
Check out the following link to discover all of our amazing artichoke recipes!
|Preparation time: 15 min|
|Total time: 15 min|
- 4 artichokes
- 4 tbsp breadscrumbs
- 2 tbsp parmigiano reggiano
- parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tbsp Evo oil
- 1 lemon
- Cut in half and squeeze a lemon into a large bowl of cold water.
- Rinse the artichokes and dry them with a paper towel. With a sharp knife, cut off and discard the top of the artichoke. Snap off the tough outer leaves (about 2 layers of leaves) until you get to the internal tender leaves.
- Peel the stem with a knife or cut off it completely to form a flat base.
- Using your hands, open the leaves in the middle of the artichoke. Carefully pull out the sharp spines you find in the pink center (use a knife or a tsp). Put the artichoke in the bowl with water and lemon.
- In a bowl mix breadcrumbs, parmigiano reggiano, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp of oil very well.
- With a small tea spoon insert the mixture between the leaves and in the center of each artichokes.
- Place the stuffed artichokes standing up into a sauce-pan large enough to hold them.
- Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with a little of salt. Place the pan on medium heat and let cook with a lid for about 20-30 minutes until the artichoke base is tender. All along the process add a bit of water to prevent the artichoke bottom from sticking or burning.
I love cooking with artichokes and this Pan Roasted Artichoke recipe sounds delicious! The combination of breadcrumbs, parmigiano reggiano, parsley, and garlic for the stuffing sounds like a perfect match for the nutty flavor of artichokes. I’m curious, do you have any other artichoke recipe recommendations for beginners? Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Smith Justin Wilson