Pasta e ceci is a classic Italian dish that has been enjoyed for generations. It’s a hearty and comforting one-pot meal made with pasta and chickpeas, and it’s a staple of Italian cuisine. This traditional recipe is both delicious and easy to make, making it a favorite among home cooks and chefs alike. Perfect for a cozy winter meal, pasta e ceci is one of our favorite dishes to warm up with on a cold evening.
So grab the ingredients and get ready to cook up a delicious pot of pasta e ceci!
Be sure to check out this link for even more pasta and legume recipes.
Pasta e ceci
|Preparation time: 10||Cooking time: 20 min|
|Total time: 30 min|
- 200 gr of short pasta
- 400 g of canned chickpeas
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- EVO oil
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- pepper, to taste
- In a pot (big enough to contain the pasta) warm 3 tbsp of EVO oil on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Drain and lightly wash the chickpeas. Then add them to the pot and let them brown over medium/high heat, stir to combine for a few minutes. Add half part of chopped parsley.
- Add just 1 glass of water, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes over low heat with a lid.
- Take one ladle of chickpeas and set aside.
- Then pour about 2 glasses of water to the pot and bring it to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling add the pasta. Stir to combine well and to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Cook on low heat, according to the package directions, until pasta is al dente. All along the process check that the pasta does not stick to the bottom and add a bit of water if needed.
- When it is ready, remove the garlic, add the ladle of chickpeas set aside, and add a handful of chopped parsley.
- Mix well, add a drizzle of oil, freshly ground pepper and serve pasta e ceci hot!
A delicious recipe from the canon of cucina povera.