Are you coming back from your holiday with a few jars of homemade jam like us? Apart from tasting your jam on a slice of buttered sourdough bread, you may want to start baking and give these biscuits a try.
Jam Stuffed Biscuits
|Preparation+Resting Time: 40 min||Baking Time:15 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 220 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest or vanilla
For the filling:
- 1 cup of jam, to taste
- In a bowl (or on a wooden working surface) whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest, or vanilla (optional).
- Add the butter, cut into small cubes. Then add the egg. Work the ingredients quickly with your hands until a smooth dough is obtained. Chill the dough, wrapped in plastic for at least 20 minutes. Before using the pasta frolla, let it stand at room temperature until softened, but still firm enough to roll out.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface.
- Take a portion of the dough and with a floured roll pin flat it to form a layer (around 5mm-thick). Use a 5cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut out 2 discs. Place a tsp of jam in the middle of one disc. Cover with the other disc and seal around the edge with your fingers. Place it into a lined tray.
- Roll out the remaining dough.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 15 min, until light golden on the top.