Are you looking for a way to spice up some green beans?
This refreshing green bean salad is the perfect side to any meal, mixing and matching colourful, fresh vegetables with some fillets of tuna.
|Preparation Time: 15 min|
|TOTAL TIME: 15 min|
- 500g trimmed green beans
- 240g tuna fillets in oil
- lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons EVO oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- some basil leaves
- small corn, sliced
- red lettuce, chopped
- Wash the green beans and cook them in boiling salted water for about 10min. Before draining, check if they are ready (barely cooked but still crisp). With a slotted spoon drain the beans and cool them gently by rinsing under running water.
- Drain the green beans very well and leave them in the air for 20-30 minutes to dry.
- Cut the longer ones in half and arrange them in the salad bowl.
- Drain tuna filet from the oil. Add the tuna, carrots, basil, baby corn and the red lettuce to the green beans.
- Season with oil, salt and toss all ingredients gently to combine.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, lemon juice, or balsamic vinegar.