Do you like Asparagus and Eggs combo?
This is one of my favorite version for a light and quick meal when the asparagus season delights us with these super healthy vegetables.
Eggs and Asparagus
|Preparation Time: 15 min|
- 300/350g asparagus, thin and tender
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, to taste
- 4 tbsp of EVO oil or butter
- Trim the fibrous ends of the asparagus off (where the color becomes a paler shade of green). Hold each asparagus in your hands, and starting to the end find the break point. Then firmly bend and brake them. Throw out the end parts.
- If the asparagus are thin and tender you don’t need to boil or steam them.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat, add 4-5 EVO oil spoons. Add the asparagus and turn them until totally coated with oil. Let roast for a few minutes shaking the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Add a bit of water, reduce heat, cover with a lid and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Crash the eggs on the top of the asparagus. season with salt, cover with a lid and let cook until the eggs reached the desired consistency.
- Transfer the asparagus and egg into a serving plate, top with Parmigiano Reggiano and serve them.