If I were in Italy to make the seasoning for this pasta dish, I would have paired the salsiccia with friarielli.
After looking around in all of Copenhagen to find the friarielli, I accepted the fact that I had to use kale instead, but wow!!! This pairing was a blast!
Pasta with Kale and Salsiccia
|Preparation Time: 20 min|
- 320g short Pasta, like penne
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 – 4 tbs EVO oil
- 3 middle size fresh pork Italian sausages
- salt, to taste
- fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese, to taste
- Pour some water (about 3,5 l) in a big pot, cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- With a knife’s kitchen cut the hard central stem of the kale leaf off. Chop in small pieces and then wash them.
- In a small frying pan, heat 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic. After 2 min put the kale pieces in and let stir-fry for a few minutes while mixing with a wooden spoon. Add a bit of water, season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid. Turn down the heat and let cook for about 5 mins. Remove garlic and keep aside.
- When the water is boiling add salt (about 30g) and then the pasta. With a wooden spoon mix and let cook uncovered, (check the cooking time on the pasta package).
- Remove the gut from the sausages and crumble them. Put a large pan (large enough to hold the pasta) on medium heat, then add the crumbled sausages, and during cooking, with a wooden spoon, mix to prevent the meat from burning and sticking to the pan. Let sauté at medium heat until all the meat is browned. If the sausages are tasteless add salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is done, drain and pour it in the large pan with the sausages. Add the kale and gently mix. Season with Parmigiano Reggiano and serve.