We’ve finally found the perfect recipe to make meringues and we couldn’t wait to share it with you all. If you like light and airy meringues with a small chewy heart, then pin this recipe.
|SERVINGS: 40-45 meringues|
|Preparation Time: |
|Baking Time: |
2 h + 30 minutes
|TOTAL TIME: |
2 h 45 min
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g egg whites (about 2 egg whites), at room temperature
- 80g icing sugar
- 2 drops of food color (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 100 C°.
- Line two large baking trays with a silicone mat, or use parchment paper and set aside.
- Wipe the standing mixer bowl with a paper towel to eliminate any trace of grease.
- Pour the egg whites into a mixer and whisk them slowly for a few minutes, allowing small stabilizing bubbles to form.
- Add the caster sugar and two drops of food color (if you want colourful meringues), and with your mixer on full speed, beat the mixture for 10 minutes until you have a smooth, stiff and glossy mixture and all of the sugar is incorporated.
- Sift the icing sugar.
- Add the the icing sugar to the mixture in two times, and with a spatula mix it from the bottom to the top until well incorporated.
- Place the nozzle of your choice in a disposable piping bag and cut the tip-off.
- Spoon your meringues mixture into the piping bag.
- If you are using parchment paper to pipe the meringues on, you will need to add some meringues mixture underneath the parchment paper corners. In this way the paper will be stuck to the baking tray.
- Pipe out your meringues.
- Bake for about 20 minutes to 100 °C, then lower the temperature to 90 °C and bake for other 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Open the oven door and insert a wooden spoon between the oven and the door. Keep on baking for another 1 hour.
- After this time turn the oven off and let the meringues rest in the oven with the door slightly open for about 5 hours.