My passion for beetroots is grown gradually while living in Denmark.
This Pasta recipe with beetroots, Gorgonzola and walnuts will surprise you for the ease and speed of execution as well as for the perfect balance of the flavours.
|Preparation Time: 10 min||Cooking Time: 10 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 320 g Spaghetti or Linguine Pasta
- 200 g Sweet Gorgonzola Cheese
- 5-6 tbsp Milk or Cooking Cream
- 50 g chopped Walnuts
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 200 – 300 g Beetroot, peeled
- EVO oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Make Gorgonzola Cream: Cut the gorgonzola cheese in small pieces and add it in a small saucepan, along with the cooking cream or milk. Place the pan over medium-high heat and cook until the cheese is melted and starts boiling. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Make Beetroot Cream: Cut the beetroot in small pieces. In a large frying pan warm on medium heat 2-3 tbsp of EVO oil. Add the beetroot into the pan, and season with salt. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, until softened. Add a bit of hot water if needed. Blend until obtaining a smooth, lump-free cream. If the cream is too thick add a tablespoon of hot water. Keep aside.
- When the water is boiling, add the salt and pour the pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente, tender but still firm to bite (follow the cooking time on the pasta package).
- Drain the pasta and add it to the beetroot cream in the frying pan. Toss over low heat until the sauce coats the pasta.
- Distribute the pasta in 4 serving plates, top each one with gorgonzola cream, finish with freshly ground pepper and chopped walnuts.