This delectable Coffee Semifreddo with Chocolate Crumble resembles the colors of the forest in the winter with the iced soil and a light dusting of snow. Isn’t it a pretty idea to bring the first snow of the season on your table?
6 (12 quenelles)
|Preparation Time: |
|TOTAL TIME: |
30 min + cooling time.
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 60 g condensed milk
- 1 small egg yolk
- 2 tsp instant coffee
For the chocolate crumble:
- 100 g flour
- 50 g butter, chilled
- 80 g demerara sugar
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- Heat a small cup of heavy cream in a saucepan and mix the instant coffee until completely dissolved. Let it cool.
- In a bowl mix, together the condensed milk and the egg yolk until obtaining a white and fluffy cream. Slowly pour into it the coffee cream, mixing thoroughly.
- Whip the remaining heavy cream until it holds its shape. Incorporate slowly the whipped cream into the coffee cream mixture with a mixing spoon going up to down.
- Pour the mixture into a quenelle silicone mold and freeze for at least 4 hours. You can use other silicone molds if you don’t have the one for quenelles.
- To make the crumble, preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Put the flour and butter in a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until you have a rough breadcrumb texture. Mix in the demerara sugar and the cocoa powder. Scatter the crumble in a baking tray and bake until it is lightly browned, about 15 min. Let the crumble cool.
- Serve the quenelle with the chocolate crumble on top or set beside it.