Serve these baked Zucchini and Potato balls as appetisers with Mustard mayonnaise as a dipping sauce. Even your picky eaters will be crazy about it, and they will not hesitate to ask for more. You can also accompany these with a glass of chilled Rosè, or with a glass of an Italian red wine.
Zucchini Potato Balls
|Preparation Time: 15 min||Cooking Time: 20 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 400g zucchini
- 300g potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 60g fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 egg
- parsley or chervil
- breadcrumbs (about 2 tbsp + more to roll the balls in)
- salt and pepper
- EVO Oil
- Grate the zucchini, squeeze them well and transfer them to a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes, and chop the parsley, or chervil.
- Add the breadcrumbs (about 2 tbsp), the egg, salt, pepper, the mashed potatoes and the parsley to the bowl.
- Combine well. The mixture should be moist but still hold its shape when rolled into balls. If it is too sticky add a little extra breadcrumbs.
- Place some breadcrumbs on a plate. Moisten your hands, and shape the mixture into neat, round balls. Place them on the plate and roll through until totally coated with breadcrumbs.
- Oil a baking sheet, place the balls on in a single layer (not overcrowd the sheet). Sprinkle the surface of the balls with EVO oil.
- Bake in a static oven pre-heated at 210-230°C for about 15-20 min. For the last few minutes, turn on the grill for a crunchy breading.