We hope you don’t mind if we post some recipes which are not typically Italian every now and then ;-).
This is the case of the Mango Sticky Rice recipe that you’ve found in your postbox today. Being in Singapore, the city-state where I currently live and a multicultural country, it means getting to know many different cultures and their cuisines. I recently ordered this dessert in one of the uncountable Thai outlets in the Little India neighbourhood which I literally adore. A few days later, Marinella told me she got delivered the fortnightly EatGrim box, and guess what was in it? A fresh mango! The occasion to try the Mango Sticky Rice had finally arrived and I immediately passed Marinella the recipe!
Scroll down and follow the recipe if you want to try a new and sweet exotic taste.
|Cooking Time: |
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 200g (1 1/2 cup) short-grain rice or glutinous rice
- 200ml (3/4 cup) coconut cream
- 200ml water
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- cinnamon powder
- Steam the rice until translucent and tender (about 45 minutes). Alternatively you can boil it until tender, then drain it. Remember to stir the rice regularly.
- When the rice is ready, mix it with the coconut cream, the water, and the sugar. Warm the mixture up and mix until well combined and creamy.
- Slice or dice the mango.
- Serve the rice chilled along with the mango and a drizzle of cinnamon powder.