These Stuffed Aubergine are so cheesy and yummy that my family couldn’t get enough. I prepared half aubergine for each member of my family, but next time I have at least to double the doses to satisfy their cravings.
If you live in Denmark, you want to give this recipe a try and you are looking to buy fresh and tasty aubergines, we can help you out. Take a look at EatGrim.com, use the discount code MAD25 and get 25% off the 2 first boxes you buy, filled with sustainable and organic fresh fruits and vegetables. Cool, isn’t it?
|Preparation Time: 15 min||Cooking Time: 50-55 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 4 tbsp of tomato purée
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 4 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 – 3 tbsp EVO oil
- fresh basil leaves
- 120 g mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200°C .
- Cut the aubergines lengthwise in half. With a spoon scoop out the inner flesh of the aubergine leaving a border as thin as you can. Keep the scooped flesh for later.
- Drizzle the aubergine with EVO oil and salt and place them cut-side-up into a baking tray.
- Bake them until soft (about 20 min).
- Dice the aubergine flesh.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of EVO Oil, and then the chopped aubergine flesh. Mix with a spoon and let them get lightly brown. Add the tomato purée, season with salt and basil leaves, mix well. Lower the heat and let cook for about 10 min. Let them cool.
- Cut the mozzarella in small pieces. Add them to the aubergine flesh sauce, season with 2 tbsp of Parmigiano Reggiano. Season with salt, if needed, and mix well.
- Stuff the baked halves with the filling and place them again into the baking trail.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmigiano Reggiano, drizzle a bit of EVO oil and bake them until they’re golden and bubbling (about 20 min).
🍷 Francesca & Marinella🍴