Pasta con la Bottarga is one of those quick recipes that you can make while pasta is cooking. An easy – preparation dish with a unique and refined taste.
Here in Copenhagen we had a chance to make this recipe thanks to an original idea from GOLA Cp owner. He preserved the egg roe sac from local fresh Cod fish provided by BluLobsterApp following the traditional technique used in Sardinia to prepare Mullet Bottarga. The result is spectacular!
🍷 Francesca & Marinella🍴
Spaghetti with Bottarga
|Preparation Time: |
|Cooking Time: |
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 400 g (14 oz) Linguine or Spaghetti
- 50 g ( 2 oz) fresh grated Cod – Tuna or Mullet Bottarga (cured egg roe)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4-6 tbsp EVO Oil
- To prepare Spaghetti with Bottarga start cleaning the garlic by depriving the cloves of their green sprouts.
- Place a large frying pan on medium heat, add EVO oil and slightly brown the garlic cloves.
- Fill a big pot with water and bring to a boil. When it is boiling add salt and then the pasta.
- Once the garlic is golden, place it in a blender jar. Pour the warm olive oil in, add a ladle of cooking water and 3 tbs of fresh grated Bottarga.
- With an immersion blender combine all the ingredients until obtaining a creamy and lightly white mixture.
- Drain the pasta al dente (following the cooking time on the package) and toss it in a pan with the Bottarga cream. Add a ladle of water, if needed.
- Stir and mix well. Finish with grated or sliced Bottarga and add a drizzle of EVO oil.
Thanks to Miss Mambo Kitchen blog for this amazing recipe.
OUR Wine – Pairing TIP
This Mediterranean Spaghetti with Bottarga primo piatto goes really well with a glass of PROSECCO ROSÉ DOC Millesimato.
This Sparkling wine Brut DOC Rosé is made from a blend between Glera and Pinot Nero grapes grown in a dedicated area in the north – eastern regions of Italy (Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia ).
PROSECCO ROSÉ DOC Millesimato. – VINIMONDO