It takes just a few ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and about thirty minutes to prepare this Red Pepper Flan with Zucchini Cream appetizer dish that will easily fit to any menu plan. If you’re a creative mind, this recipe can also turn into a highly aesthetic dish, but that’s up to you!
Pepper Flan on Zucchini
|Preparation Time: 10 min||Cooking Time: 20- 25 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
30 – 35 min
- 2 red peppers
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini
- Rinse the peppers under running water. Cut them in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stems, then cut them into strips. Chop each strip in small pieces. Add them to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave oven until tender (about 6-8 minutes).
- Drain the water from the peppers. Then blend the peppers with the eggs and the milk, until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C. Grease 4-6 ramekins (ø 7 cm) and divide the mixture among the ramekins. Place them on a baking pan. Pour enough hot water into the baking pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Leave them cool in the moulds.
- Rinse the zucchini under running water. Remove the stem and cut the zucchini in small pieces. Add them to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave oven until tender (about 6-8 minutes).
- Drain the water from the zucchini and blend until obtaining a smooth cream. You can add a little of milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the zucchini cream on a plate, turn the ramekin upside down and carefully lay the flan on the cream. Finish with a drizzle of EVO oil and fresh ground peppers. Serve cool or warm.
🍷 Francesca & Marinella🍴