This Ciambella Cake means a lot to us … some years ago, our Food-Blog journey started by baking this Bundt Cake.
I (Francesca) fondly remember that I baked it early in the morning, as at 9:00 I had to be at Marinella’s house in Gentofte to decorate it together, waiting for Giulia to come. She was our trusted photographer when we all were living in Copenhagen. Those were the days! I still remember the excitement we all had, knowing that Giulia’s pictures of our first recipe would have marked the beginning of our fantastic adventure in the world of food blogging.
🍷 Francesca & Marinella🍴
|Preparation Time: 20 min||Cooking Time: 40-45 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
60 -65 min
- 3 eggs
- 300 g sugar (1 1/2 cup)
- 150 g butter, cut in small pieces, at room temperature (2/3 cup)
- 300 g flour (2 1/2 cup)
- 1 glass of milk
- 10 g baking powder (2 tsp)
- 1 pinch of salt
For the sugar glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar and water
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 °C (on static function).
- Put the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix very well until soft and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at the time, and beat for about 5 min.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, then add it to the egg mixture, a little at a time (add a spoon of flour only when the previous one is totally incorporated). Pour the milk slowly, and mix until obtaining an even mixture.
- Grease and flour a donut tray (24 cm in diameter) and pour the batter. Bake the cake for about 45 minutes, until a skewer, inserted in the middle of the cake, comes out clean. Let it cool.
- For the sugar glaze: place the sugar in a bowl and start adding a little of water at the time. Gradually whisk the water into the sugar until a smooth glaze forms.
- Before serving, decorate the cake pouring the glaze on top of it.