Sometimes we happen to improvise a recipe by using just a few basic ingredients. This Pasta is one of these, which sees the lemon as the main ingredient, to create a zesty and fresh dish great for the upcoming summer. At the end we added some chilli flakes to this lemony pasta, and it won’t disappoint!
Thanks to our dear friend Danila for sharing this amazing recipe with us.
Spaghetti with Lemon
|SERVINGS: 4 servings|
|Preparation Time: 5 min||Cooking Time: 10 min|
|TOTAL TIME: 15 min|
- ~340 g (12 oz) Spaghetti or other long Pasta
- 1 organic lemon – Finely grated zest and fresh juice
- 6-8 tbsp EVO Oil
- salt, to taste
- chilli flakes, to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano, to taste
- Fill a big pot with water and bring to a boil. When it is boiling add salt (about 20 g, or 3.5 tsp, for 3 lt of water). Cook the Spaghetti in the boiling water according to the package directions, until al dente.
- In the meantime, pour the lemon juice from half lemon along with a pinch of salt into a cup and mix. Add Evo Oil to the cup and, with a whisk or fork, mix fast and very well until obtaining an emulsion. Taste it and add more lemon juice, if needed.
- Drain the Spaghetti and place them into a serving bowl, pour the emulsion on and stir well until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve topped with lemon zest, chili flakes and Parmigiano Reggiano, to taste.