We can say more than ever that Onion Frittata is for Everyone Anywhere in the World. It is made with only 3 simple ingredients (…. by the way they can never be missing in our kitchen 🙂 ) : onions, eggs and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (…. or grated cheese).
Onion Frittata can be served either as a finger food, or as a main course accompanied by a slice of bread.
🍷 Francesca & Marinella🍴
Stovetop Onion Frittata
|Preparation Time: 10 min||Cooking Time: 10 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 1 medium – size onion, finely sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tbsp EVO oil
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix very well the eggs and the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium- large frying pan warm 2 tbsp of EVO oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion. Let it sautée, stirring often, until softened and slightly crispy (about 5 minutes). Season with salt, to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onion, making sure that the mixture is evenly spread in the pan.
- Let cook for about 5 min on high heat, until the bottom is golden. Then lower the heat and cook for 5-10 min, covering the pan with a lid.
- Finally, flip the frittata upside down and slide it back in the pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.