The cooking technique behind this Pumpkin, Chickpea and Potato soup is antique and traditional from the regions of Southern Italy. The main ingredient is the pasta, usually a short type, which has not to be boiled in advance, but it is cooked directly in the pan where the seasoning has been previously prepared.
The crucial steps to get an excellent result are just few and simple. Follow them and you’ll enjoy this delicious comfort soup.
Find here other SOUP Recipe
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 300 g of pumpkin pulp, chopped in small pieces
- 250 g of canned chickpeas
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced in small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons of EVO oil
- 80 – 100 g of tagliatelle egg pasta, roughly broken with your hands
- salt pepper, to taste
- hot water, as needed (see below)
- Place a medium-size saucepan on the heat, pour the oil in, add the garlic, and leave to brown for a minute. Turn the heat to high, add the chickpeas, the pumpkin and the potatoes. Remove the garlic and mix. Let them brown for a few minutes, while stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 and a half glass of hot water: turn the heat to low, cover with a lid and let cook for about 10 min.
- Add 2 glasses of hot water. When the soup is simmering add the pasta in. Stir all the ingredients and let cook. All along the process, check if the pasta is sticking onto the bottom of the saucepan and gently scratch it with a wooden spatula.
- After about 5 min taste the soup and add salt if needed. Adjust the thickness of the soup by letting it cook a bit more or adding a spoonful of hot water.
- Serve warm.