Five years after that my grandmother is no longer with us, I decided to prepare one of her best recipes, these buttery chocolate biscuits bites. She used to prepare them for any occasion, from birthday parties to Easter celebrations. My sister passed me the recipe that I had locked in the cupboard until now. While I was preparing her recipe I thought I heard her whispering the tips she always gave me, still feeling her close to me. After all, isn’t this the meaning of handing down our forefathers’ recipes?
Chocolate Biscuit Bites
|SERVINGS: 30-40 pieces|
|Preparation time: 20-30 min|
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 250 g biscuits, like Marie Kiks or Oro Saiwa
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g sugar
- dessiccated coconut
- a pinch of salt
- Crush the biscuits in small pieces without reducing to powder. Do it by hand or pulsing them with a blender.
- In a separate bowl mix the butter, the sugar, and the cocoa powder. Add the crashed biscuits and a pinch of salt. Mix very well until all combined.
- Let the dough sit in the fridge for around 15-20 minutes.
- Grease your fingers and palm with melted butter and roll into small balls. Roll the balls in dessicated coconut. Keep the balls in the fridge until serving.
Leave a Reply