This dessert is something divine! Despite the tropical ingredients used in it, in my family, this is a dessert that everyone awaits during our gatherings either on Christmas Eve or on a summer dinner where we are finally all together after many months being apart. I got the recipe from my aunt who is always in charge to prepare it and satisfy our sugar cravings. If you also are craving a rich dessert, give this pineapple dessert a try!
🍷 Francesca & Marinella🍴
INGREDIENTS for 4 servings:
Ready in 2-4 hours – Preparation time: 10 minutes
- ladyfinger cookies
- 250 g sweet condensed milk
- 250 g whole milk
- 750 ml heavy cream, cold
- 1 can pineapples chuncks
- desiccated coconut (optional, to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- sugar to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the whole milk, the sweet condensed milk and the corn starch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it thickens into a cream, about 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Separate the pineapple chunks from its juice.
- In a saucepan, heat the pineapple chunks for a few minutes with some sugar, to taste.
- Dip the ladyfinger cookies into the pineapple juice quickly as they should not go soft.
- In a square/rectangular form, alternate a layer of cookies, a layer of pineapples chuncks and a layer of cream. Whip the heavy cream and top the dessert with it.
- Garnish with pineapple chunks, or sprinkle desiccated coconut over the whipped cream.
Put in the fridge to set for a few hours.
- This dessert can be prepared one day in advance.