This week we got the chance to taste the fresh Plaice fish delivered directly at our doorstep by the danish Blue LobsterApp. Blue Lobster is changing the way fish is bought and sold, by enabling fishermen to cut out the middlemen and sell directly to restaurants and end-consumers via a digital marketplace.
We just recently approached this company, and we already love this new way to buy the freshest local seafood directly from the sea. Their core identifier is to catch fish using sustainable fishing practices and passive gears such as nets instead of trawlers. The fish they supply is often still alive, as they don’t process, freeze or defrost any seafood. We believe this is a guarantee of quality giving us the assurance to prepare something delicious like our recipe of the week: Linguine Past with cherry tomatoes and plaice fish filet.
We served this delicious Linguine with a glass of 3 Passo Bianco Organic White Wine. This Italian Golden Yellow colour wine is made mostly with Chardonnay and Grillo grapes. This fresh and intense wine features pleasant hints of tropical fruit, yet a great structure and smoothness
*This White wine is imported to Denmark by Vinimondo.dk. Drop by the new Vinimondo.dk showroom to taste or buy it.
INGREDIENTS for 4 servings:
Ready 30 min
- 320 g (11 oz) Linguine Pasta
- 2 plaices (about 500 g each), fillets, central bone and head
- 20 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 half glass of white wine
- fresh chilli peppers, cut into slices, to taste
- fresh parsley, to taste
- EVO olive oil and salt
- Bring a big pot filled with water to a boil.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of EVO oil in a frying large pan and sauté the garlic and chilli pepper slices for a few minutes.
- If you have the head and bone of the plaice, add them and let them brown on both sides. Pour white wine in, and let it evaporate. Then lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic and the remains of the fish. Put the fillets, cut into small pieces, and the tomatoes into the pan.
Cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Add the washed and chopped parsley, adjust for salt and set aside.
- If you don’t have the head and bone of the plaice: Remove the garlic. Put the fillets, cut into small pieces, and the diced tomatoes into the pan. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Add half washed and chopped parsley, adjust for salt and set aside.
- When the water is boiling, add the salt. While water is still boiling, add the pasta. Stir and let cook following the instructions on the pasta package.
- Drain and quickly sauté linguine in the pan with the fish sauce. Season with a drizzle of oil and a handful of chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy with a glass of fresh white wine.