These cheesy Cornetti are just the perfect little nibble to serve at your morning brunch or to share with your friends during a Spring pic-nic. If you don’t have at hand the ham, not to worry, they are just delicious even only with extra cheese.
The wine we paired for our weekly Apèro was an “INT3GRAL3 Organic Wine Rose’ Frizzante”, which is completely natural and unfiltered. This wine is only made with organic grapes and born with the mission of inspiring people to get back to their original, natural essence. Its color is slightly pink and the alcohol percentage is moderate (10.5%). The taste is fresh and slightly dry. Fine bubbles with red berries at the end will enjoy your mouth.
*This wine is imported to Denmark by Vinimondo.dk. Drop by the new Vinimondo.dk showroom to taste or buy this INT3GRAL3 Sparkling Organic Wine.
INGREDIENTS for 32 pieces
Ready in 40 min
- 2 layers of ready-made round puff pastry
- 120 g cooked ham
- 100 g cheese (like Gouda, Parmigiano Reggiano, Cheddar etc.)
- 1 egg
- sesam seeds
- Lay one layer of puff pastry on a wooden board. Brush it with a bit of water. Put the second layer of puff pastry on the first one. Stretch the pastry a little with a rolling pin. Cut the circle dough into 8 equal size triangles. Then cut each one in 4 smaller triangles (follow the instructions in the pictures below ) obtaining a total of 32 pieces.
- Place 1 piece of ham on each triangle and then a piece of cheese. Tightly roll up the wide end of the triangle into a crescent shape (Cornetto), making sure the tip is underneath.
- Brush each Cornetto with a slightly beaten egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.