It’s all about cooking with our children these days but the secret is to make something that can involve kids of all ages. Preparing these sweet bread buns with chocolate made them happy, proud and at the end eager to dip the fresh-baked Pangoccioli into a frothy cup of milk. Thanks to our dear and sweet friend Rhea who currently lives in Nairobi for passing us this recipe.
🍷Francesca & Marinella🍴
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE Pangoccioli with Chocolate – sweet bread buns with chocolate
INGREDIENTS for 18 Pangoccioli
Ready in about 5 h 15 min – Preparation Time 30 min – Total Rising Time: 4 h 30 – Baking Time: 15-20 min
- 130 g milk
- 130g water
- 50 g butter, at RT and cut into pieces
- 16 g fresh yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g Manitoba flour
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate chips, chilled
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
TO FINISH 1 egg lightly beaten
HOW TO MAKE
- In a bowl mix the two types of flour. In a large glass mix the milk and the water.
- To make the poolish: In a bowl combine 100 g of the mixed flour, 100 g of water-milk mixture, and yeast. Mix to obtain a smooth and sticky dough. Cover the bowl and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. When the poolish is ready to use, it will be doubled in size (see the picture below).
- In a stand-mixer’s bowl add the poolish, the remaining mixed flour, the remaining water-milk mixture, and the sugar.
- Fit the dough hook to your stand-mixer and knead until you have a nice soft dough. Then add the honey, the egg, the vanilla extract, and the butter. Continue to knead until you obtain a smooth dough. Then add the chocolate chips. Add flour, a tablespoons at the time, if the dough is too sticky. Cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in size (for about 3 hours).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface, and divide it in small pieces (about 18). Roll the pieces into balls, cover them, and let them rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Brush each ball with a lightly beaten egg, and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Leave a Reply