For this St. Valentine’s Day, we opted for these rich and yummy Dark Chocolate Truffles. Made with just a few simple ingredients including 70% cocoa dark chocolate, fresh cream, vanilla essence, and a touch of unsalted butter, these truffles are easy to make and oh-so-satisfying.
We are sharing with you a basic recipe that can be enriched adding chopped nuts, orange zest or a splash of your favorite liqueur. Once chilled and firm, we added a touch of originality rolling them not only into cocoa powder, but also into raspberry, and coconut powder. To surprise your beloved let your imagination run wild!
|Preparation Time: 10 min||Cooling Time: 2-4 h|
|TOTAL TIME: |
2 – 4 hours
- 200 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), finely chopped
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) fresh cream
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 25 g (1/8 cup) unsalted butter, diced
- cocoa powder, coconut powder or raspberry powder
- Pour the dark chocolate and the diced butter into a heat proof bowl.
- Bring the fresh cream to a boil and pour it over the chocolate and butter. Add the vanilla essence and stir until smooth. At this stage you can add chopped nuts, orange zest or a little liqueur if you like.
- Let cool in the fridge until firm enough (around 2-4 hours, or overnight)
- Make small scoops with a mini ice cream scoop and roll into balls. Place a few spoons of good-quality cocoa powder ( or coconut powder/raspberry powder) into a small bowl. Add the truffles and roll in the cocoa powder.
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to serve.
We wish you all a lovely St. Valentine’s Day! ❤️
Mmmmm, a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Have a wonderful day guys 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person