The first time I saw the flower sprouts was last week when I opened my weekly veggies box delivered in front of my door by Eatgrim.
These new trendy vegetables from the UK have surprised us either with the delicate sweet nutty taste or the consistency. These mini-vegetables are always crunchy and their leaves won’t get damaged even when boiled in salted water.How should you prepare these cross between Kale and Brussel sprout veggies? Stir- fry them with garlic and anchovies, as the Apulian Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe recipe.
Flower Sprouts Pasta
|Preparation Time: 10 min||Cooking Time: 15 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 320 g short Pasta
- 250 gr flower sprouts
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 – 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil, salt
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- chopped chilli peppers, to taste
- Pour some water (about 3,5 l) in a big pot, cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Wash the flower sprouts and cut in half the biggest ones.
- In a small pot heat 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic. After 2 min put the anchovies in and let cook for a few minutes while breaking the filets with a wooden spoon. (until they sort of melt).
- When the water is boiling add the pasta and salt only when it is boiling again. With a wooden spoon mix and let cook uncovered, (check the cooking time on the pasta package).
- In a wok (large enough to hold the pasta) heat 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Place the flower sprouts in and let them stir- fry until they are cooked but not too soft (about 5 minutes).
- Drain the pasta and pour in the wok. Add the anchovies sauce and gently mix. You can serve with chopped chilli peppers.
Leave a Reply