When you need a bit of confort in these dark and nippy nights, enjoy this spicy blend, filling veggie soup. Carrot and Ginger Cream has a lovely silky texture that everyone will love and will ask for some more!
Thank EatGrim Shop Food for the vegetables! Check their website and get sustainable!
INGREDIENTS for 4 servings
Ready in 40 min
- 4-5 medium multicolor carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- salt, extra virgin olive oil, fresh ground pepper
- 2 slices of bread, uniformly diced
- 1/4 glass of milk
- vegetable broth, or warm water
- dried fines herbes, to taste
- In a pot warm 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and let sauté for a few minutes. When the onion is light brown, place the carrots and the potatoes into the pot, stir with a wood spoon and let brown for 4-5 min. Keep stirring. Season with salt. Pour hot water (until the veggies are almost totally covered), or broth, and bring to a boil. Then low the heat and add the ginger root. Cover with a lid and let cook for about 10-15 min or until the vegetables are softened.
- In the meantime prepare the bread croutons. Put a frying pan on a medium heat, drizzle the bottom with olive oil and after 1 min spread the bread in a single layer. Season with salt and the dried mixed herbs. Let the bread turn golden.
- With an immersion blender, mix very well the vegetable soup, adding the milk. If the cream is too liquid, let it thicken on a medium heat for a few minutes. It it is too thick add some milk. Pour the hot cream in a serving bowl and drizzle olive oil on. Serve with the croutons.
🍷Francesca & Marinella🍴