It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. During the holidays, it’s also the most enjoyable moment of the day. It is actually the moment when the whole family can gather unhurriedly around the table planning the coming day. Imagine doing this while sharing a pleasant white and black ciambella, just out of the oven. Isn’t it the best way to kick start a summer day?
🍷 Francesca & Marinella🍴
|Preparation Time: 20 min||Cooking Time: 40-45 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 3 eggs
- 300 g sugar (1 1/2 cup)
- 150 g butter, cut in small pieces, at room temperature (2/3 cup)
- 300 g flour (2 1/2 cup)
- 1 glass (200 ml – 7/8 cup – 7 oz) of milk
- 10 g baking powder (2 tsp)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C (on static function).
- Put the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix very well until soft and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at the time, and beat for about 5 min.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, then add it to the egg mixture, a little at a time (add a spoon of flour only when the previous one is totally incorporated). Pour the milk slowly, and mix until obtaining an even mixture. Divide the batter into two parts and add the cocoa in one of the two. Mix well.
- Grease and flour a donut tray (24 cm in diameter). Pour the white batter, then the cocoa-batter. Bake the cake for about 45 minutes, until a skewer, inserted in the middle of the cake, comes out clean. Let it cool.
Don’t know the correct amount of milk?
Hi, a glass of milk is around 200 ml (7/8 cup – 7 oz).
Absolutely delicious! Made it gluten-free.
Thank you! Glad to know that also the gluten free version was delicious!