This Nutella roll cake is utterly delicious. We got to know that is also called “Swiss Roll Cake”. We really don’t know why this name as we’ve never found it in a Swiss bakery or at least not here in Zurich. But we may be wrong, so let us know if you tasted it and where… wherever you are in the world!
Nutella Roll Cake
|Preparation Time: 30 min||Cooking Time: 10-12 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 150 g (5 oz) sugar
- 150 g (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 1 ts baking powder
- a pinch of salt
For the filling:
- Nutella cream
- a bunch of chopped hazelnuts
- Fresh berries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Grease a sheet pan (22×32 cm) with butter and then cover with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs for 5 minutes until doubled and light in color. Then add in the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, and beat for another 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Then add it in the bowl with eggs and sugar, a tablespoon at a time, mixing gently from the bottom upwards. Pour the batter into the sheet pan and bake it for 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime sprinkle a tea towel with powdered sugar. As soon as the cake is ready, invert it onto the towel. Remove the baking paper and roll the cake in the towel. Let it rest until it is cool, around 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully unroll the cake and spread the Nutella over the cake. Be generous with the Nutella, your children will thank you! :-)). Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Roll up the cake and place it on a platter. Dust with cocoa or icing sugar. Your children’s snack is now ready. Serve it along with fresh berries!