In this Savoury Muffin you’ll have a well balanced combination of different tastes, starting from the salty flavour of the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, passing through the delicate taste of broad beans and finishing with the tartness of the sour cream.
We do hope your palate will be appreciating all the ingredients and their features!
|SERVINGS: 12 tarts|
|Preparation Time: 30 min||Cooking Time: 30 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 200g – 1 !/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 100 g – 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese
- 150 ml – 1/2 cup milk
- 150 g – 5 oz broad beans (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 30 g – 4 tbsp EVO oil
- 7 g – 1/2 tbsp dry yeast
- a sprig of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream mixed with chopped spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350°F)
- If you use fresh or frozen broad bean, boil them until tender, and then drain through a colander.
- In a bowl sift together flour, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and dry yeast. Mix well to combine the dry ingredients. Add to the dry mixture the broad beans, milk and olive oil and stir until obtaining a stiff batter. Add salt if needed.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake the tarts for 30 minutes or until tarts tops just begin to brown.
- At the same time you can bake a sprig of cherry tomatoes to be served along with the tarts.
- Serve the tarts with a dip of sour cream mixed with chopped spring onions.