Literally meaning kisses, these Baci perugina pralines are usually a Saint Valentine’s gift, wrapped with a love note. Why not extending this tradition to the New Year’s Eve? We prepared these sweets, wrapped in greetings and wishes for our friends, at our New Year’s Eve party.
We would like to give symbolically our lovely followers one of these kisses with our best wishes for a bright 2018!
|Preparation Time: 20 min||Cooling Time: 2 h|
|TOTAL TIME: |
2 h 20 min
- 5 tbs heavy cream
- 150 g gianduja chocolate
- 150 g hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 200 g dark chocolate
- ∼20 g roasted hazelnuts
- Pour the heavy cream in a bowl and break the gianduja chocolate into it.
- Melt it a bain-marie (place the bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water). Mix until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and stir into it the chopped hazelnuts.
- Let the mixture cool in the fridge, about 1 hour. .
- Add the chocolate-hazelnut mixture to a pastry bag, and pipe small balls (see the picture below) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press one whole hazelnut into the top of each ball. Let cool in the fridge, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, break the dark chocolate in small pieces and melt it a bain-marie. Let cool at room temperature. This will be used to cover your chocolates.
- Using forceps pastry or a fork, dip each ball into the melted dark chocolate and cover fully. Place back on parchment paper, and let it cool.
- Now your chocolates are ready to be given to your loved ones.