Perk up your lazy Monday with El Bicerin (which means small glass in Piedmontese language). This is a drink born in Turin (in Northern Italy) in the 18th century, in the historical cafe’, which no wonder is still named El Bicerin.
El Bicerin is a heavenly combination of hot chocolate, espresso coffee and cream layered in a small glass. The best way to savour El Bicerin is to not mix the layers. The secret is to sip the drink leaving its components to melt on the palate, with their different taste, density and temperature.
Try it and you’ll get addicted!
INGREDIENTS for 1 serving:
- 50 g good quality dark chocolate
- 25 ml milk
- 1 cup espresso coffee
- 3 tbs whipped cream
- 1 ts sugar
- Heat the milk to a boiling temperature. Reduce the heat and add the chocolate. Melt it until the mixture is well combined. Pour the hot chocolate into a glass.
- Prepare a cup of espresso coffee.
- Pour your espresso coffee gently over the hot chocolate into the glass.
- Whip the cream and fill the glass with the whipped cream. Serve as soon as possible (it is best to serve it immediately).