Today we baked these easy-to make- butter biscuits. They’ve been literally devoured in a blink of an eye; we could barely shoot the photos!
So why not sharing the recipe with our followers?
INGREDIENTS for about 20 pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 85 g (3 oz) golden caster sugar
- 85 g (3 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 140 g (5 oz) plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy. Then mix the butter. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and then add to the mixture until obtaining a smooth dough.
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and shape a 3 cm-diameter sausages. Roll them in baking paper and freeze for around 1 hour.
- Slice the dough in 10-15 mm thick rounds and place on a baking sheet, leaving space between them as they will expand while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until slightly golden. Leave the biscuits to cool.
- Serve with dusting sugar.