This lemon ricotta cake is so moist and so delicious, we are sure you are going to love it. It’s perfect for a healthy breakfast or as an after school snack for the children ( like ours 🙂 ) who already started school!
|Preparation Time: 10 min||Cooking Time: 40 min|
|TOTAL TIME: |
- 100 gr unsalted butter, room tempered
- 140 gr sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 175 gr all-purpose flour, sifted
- 150 gr ricotta
- zest of 2 organic lemons
- 3 tbsps of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C°.
- Grease the bottom and side of 26 cm spring form, and line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar on medium speed in a large mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Push the ricotta through a fine sieve then add to the butter mixture. With the mixer on slow, add the eggs yolks one at a time, mixing well. Beat the mixture until very light and fluffy. Combine the lemon zest and lemon juice. Sift the flour straight into the bowl, beating the mixture gently until just blended (don’t overbeat).
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks. Fold the egg white mixture into the batter and mix gently using a large spatula. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread out gently with the back of a spoon.
Bake for approx. 40 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool down and then dust with icing sugar.