In pasta, with sausage and cheese, stuffed with rice or cuscus, or in a savoury cake, peppers bring the taste of sun and summer to your table.
INGREDIENTS for 4 canapè:
- 2 red and yellow peppers
- 1-2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- a small bunch of capers
- slices of bread (better if stale bread)
- Rinse peppers under running water. Cut peppers lengthwise into approx. 4 strips, removing seeds and stems.
- Turn oven to 200° C (400 F), set the rack in the middle. Arrange peppers on a baking sheet. Roast until the top side is browned up and puffed up (around 30 minutes). Put them in a plastic bag or a closed container to cool. They will “sweat” and be much easier to peel.
- Once the peppers are peeled, dress the strips with salt and finely chopped garlic, good olive oil and finely chopped capers. Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grill the bread in the oven for few minutes.
- Top the bread with some pepper strips and capers to taste.