Persimmon (or Cachi in Italian) is one of the most beautiful autumn fruit, and almost everybody in Italy has a persimmon tree in the backyard.
This is the time of the year when persimmons are harvested and let ripen in a basket together with apples.
To feel the autumn atmosphere, this week we made an easy persimmon mousse using simple ingredients, but giving our recipe a pinch of diversity by using cardamom powder. Persimmon and cardamom are surprisingly a perfect match!
INGREDIENTS for 6 servings:
For the mousse
- 270 g persimmon pulp (from ripe persimmons)
- 100 g whipping cream
- 1 tsp icing sugar
For the crumble topping
- 1 ts cardamom powder
- 100 g flour
- 50 g salted butter, chilled
- 80 g demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- To make the crumble, put the flour and butter in a bowl. Rub together with your fingertips until you have a rough breadcrumb texture. Mix in the demerara sugar and the cardamom powder. Scatter the crumble in a baking tray and bake until it is lightly browned, about 20 min. Let the crumble cool.
- In the meantime, blend the persimmon pulp for 20 sec or until resembles a mousse-like texture. Whip the whipping cream with the icing sugar. Add it to the persimmon mousse, mixing gently.
- Pour the persimmon mousse into bowls and top with the cardamom crumble and eventually a quenelles of whipped cream.
Leave a Reply