In the early spring and summer it’s common to see in the countryside of Northern Italy a little group of friends walking along the sides of the road or along a fresh river, gathering wild asparagus. “Asparagus hunting” is a popular activity in the rural areas of Italy.
But if your summer travels aren’t taking you to Italy you can capture the country’s flavor, following our simple and tasty asparagus recipe.
if you would like to know more info of how to cook asparagus Check out this interesting article about this vegetable. https://www.quickeasycook.com/how-to-cook-asparagus/
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings
- 1 bunch asparagus spears (300 gr)
- 3 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- a little butter
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 10 hard-boiled quail eggs to decorate
- Trim the ends the asparagus off. Peel the spears with a vegetable peeler, if needed. Place water in the bottom half of a steamer pan set. Add salt, and steam for 5 to 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender. (If you don’t have a steamer pan set, you can cook asparagus in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes). Remove asparagus with tongs, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash hard-boiled eggs.
- To assemble the dish, arrange asparagus spears on a platter, making sure all tips and tails are aligned. Spoon mashed eggs over asparagus, scatter with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with generous amount of pepper.
- Decorate with hard-boiled quail egg halves.